- 4 (6 oz.) skinless salmon fillets
- 1 Tbsp olive oil, plus more for brushing grill
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 small avocado, diced small
- 1/4 cup finely minced fresh parsley
- 2 Tbsp finely minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 1/2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp minced red onion
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil*
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
Preheat a gas grill to 425 degrees. Brush both sides of salmon with the 1 Tbsp olive oil. Season both sides of salmon with salt, pepper and the cumin.
Brush grill grates with oil, place salmon on grill and grill about 3 minutes per side, or to desired doneness. Serve salmon immediately topped with avocado chimichurri.
For the chimichurri:
In a small mixing bowl toss together all chimichurri ingredients while seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
*You can replace the 2 Tbsp water with 2 more Tbsp evoo if desired. I made this twice and liked that the water version wasn’t so heavy. I just felt there was already enough fat and richness from the avocado and salmon that it didn’t need more oil. Normally I would not add water to chimichurri.