Recipe of the Week: Chicken Alfredo Pizza
April 3, 2017
- 1 pound pizza dough, to make 2 pizzas
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- pinch of salt
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup half-and-half or milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded Romano cheese or Parmesan
- 1 boneless chicken breast or 1 cup meat from a rotisserie chicken, cooked and diced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- handful of baby spinach leaves, optional
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 4 slices bacon, cooked
- 1 green onion, sliced
Let pizza dough come to room temperature and heat oven to 450 degrees. If you have a pizza stone, place it in the oven.
To make garlic butter, melt butter over medium heat in a small pan over medium heat. Add garlic and onion and cook until softened, about 2 minutes. Add Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, and salt and remove from heat.
To make sauce, melt butter in a medium pan. Whisk in flour and cook for 1 minute. Gradually whisk in milk. Let cook for about 2 minutes. Mixture will be very thick. Stir in salt, pepper, and cheese. Remove from heat.
Divide pizza dough in 2 pieces and roll or stretch into approximately a 10-inch round. Place on a lightly floured pizza peel
or baking sheet with no edges.
Spread half of garlic butter on dough and cover with approximately 1/2 cup of the sauce. You can use more if you want it heavy on sauce.
Sprinkle chicken with thyme and poultry seasoning. Scatter 1/2 of chicken on dough.
Top with spinach leaves, half of mozzarella, bacon, and green onion.
Slide pizza off of pizza peel onto a the pizza stone
or onto a baking sheet if you are not using a pizza stone.
Bake for 8 to 12 minutes of until crust is golden brown.
Repeat to make a second pizza.