Recipe of the Week: Shrimp Fettuccini in White Wine Tomato Sauce
August 7, 2017
- 12 ounces fettuccine pasta
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 pound peeled and deveined large shrimp (31/40 count)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 15-ounce can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Cooking pasta according to package directions for al dente in a large pot of salted, boiling water. Drain when ready.
- In a large skillet or frying pan, heat olive oil to medium-high. Add garlic and red pepper flakes and heat until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add shrimp and sauté until pink on both sides, flipping shrimp once, about 2 minutes.
- Add wine, tomatoes and oregano. Reduce heat and simmer until pasta is ready, about 5 minutes.
- Add drained pasta to skillet and toss to evenly coat pasta with sauce.
- Top with fresh parsley before serving.