Skip to content
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cracked black pepper, to taste
- 4 chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
- 1 roma tomato sliced
- 4 thick slices buffalo mozzarella (about 14 ounces or 400 grams)
- 4 tablespoons basil shredded
- 2 tablespoons balsamic glaze (or reduction), store bought
- In a large shallow bowl, mix together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, oregano, basil, salt and pepper. Add in the chicken and allow to marinate for half an hour (if time allows).
- Preheat grill plates over medium heat, and grill chicken for 5-6 minutes each side, or until completely cooked through in the centre, and slightly charred on the outer edges. While chicken is cooking, grill the tomato slices for 1-2 minutes each side. Top each breast with a slice of mozzarella and grilled tomato slice, allowing the heat to melt the cheese.
- To serve, top with the shredded basil and balsamic reduction.
FOR THE LEMON POPPY SEED DRESSING:
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
FOR THE SALAD:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 pound)
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 large avocado, sliced
- 1 cup almonds
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 large red onion, thinly sliced
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, honey, mustard, poppy seeds, salt, and black pepper.
- Pour half of the dressing into a large Ziploc bag or bowl. Reserve the rest for drizzling on the salads. Add the chicken breasts and marinate the chicken for 20 minutes. If you have time, you can let the chicken marinade for up to 2 hours.
- Heat the grill to medium high heat. Remove the chicken from the bag or bowl and place on the grill. Cook for 6-8 minutes on each side or until chicken is cooked through. Note-discard the dressing that the chicken was in. Let the chicken rest while you prepare the salads.
- Divide the greens, blueberries, avocado, almonds, feta, and red onion onto four plates. Slice the grilled chicken and place on top of the salads. Drizzle with remaining lemon poppy seed dressing and serve immediately.
- Greek Seasoning
- 2 lbs. boneless chicken
- 1 head green leaf lettuce – chopped
- 1 head red romaine – chopped
- 1 cucumber – julienned
- 4 oz. kalamata olives – sliced
- 8 oz. cherry or grape tomatoes – halved
- 2 oz. feta cheese
- Salad Dressing
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 2/3 cup red wine vinegar
- This salad makes a lot so make sure you have a large bowl.
- Rub your chicken with the Greek Seasoning Blend.
- Grill chicken for 12-15 minutes on each side, until juices run clear. Let rest for about 8-10 minutes and then slice.
- Mix all salad dressing ingredients in a mason jar and shake until completely mixed. If you don’t have a mason jar then any airtight container will work.
- Chop all vegetables and layer in your bowl in order of ingredients.
- Top with sliced, grilled chicken and desired amount of dressing. If you do not plan to eat the entire salad at once then you may want to add the dressing to the individual servings to keep the lettuce from wilting.
- 1 1/2 lbs bonless skinless chicken breasts
- Olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 Tbsp Greek vinaigrette dressing
- 4 (10-inch, burrito size) flour tortillas (wheat, low carb or spinach is fine)
- 3/4 cup hummus, store-bought or homemade (homemade recipe in notes below)
- 3 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 medium roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup (2.5 oz) feta cheese, crumbled
- Preheat a grilled over medium-high heat to 425 degrees. Pound chicken to an even thickness using the flat side of a meat mallet. Brush chicken breasts lightly with about 1 Tbsp olive oil, season with salt and pepper. Brush grilled grates lightly with oil, and grill chicken, rotating once halfway through cooking, until it registers 165 in center on an instant read thermometer, about 6 – 8 minutes. Transfer to a plate, cover with foil, let rest 10 minutes then dice into cubes. Transfer chicken to a bowl, pour vinaigrette over chicken and toss to evenly coat.
- To assemble wraps spread about 3 Tbsp hummus over each tortilla, top with chicken, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber and feta cheese and wrap tortillas.
- 4 (6 oz) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/3 cup olive oil, plus more for brushing grill
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (1 1/2 Tbsp)
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary, crushed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley, for serving
- Using the flat side of a meat mallet, pound thicker parts of chicken to even thickness. In a small mixing bowl whisk together olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, basil, thyme, rosemary and season with salt and pepper (about 1 tsp salt 1/2 tsp pepper).
- Place chicken in a gallon size resealable bag, pour in olive oil mixture. Seal bag while pressing air out. Rub marinade over chicken. Transfer to refrigerator and allow to marinate 2 – 5 hours (rotate bag and move chicken around halfway through if possible). Preheat grill over medium-high heat (to about 425 – 450).
- Brush grill grates lightly with olive oil. Place chicken on grill, close lid, and grill about 4 minutes per side, or until chicken registers 160 – 165 degrees in center of chicken on an instant read thermometer. Let chicken rest 5 minutes, garnish with fresh parsley then serve immediately.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 100ml (just over ⅓ cup) freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro/coriander
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- ¾ teaspoon red chilli flakes (adjust to your preference of spice)
- ½ teaspoon ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 chicken thigh fillets, skin removed (no bone)
- ½ yellow capsicum/bell pepper, deseeded and sliced
- ½ red capsicum/bell pepper, deseeded and sliced
- ½ an onion, sliced
- 5 cups cos lettuce leaves, washed and dried
- 2 avocados, sliced
- Extra coriander leaves to garnish
- Sour cream (optional) to serve
- Whisk marinade ingredients together to combine. Pour half the marinade into a shallow dish to marinade the chicken fillets for two hours if time allows. Refrigerate the reserved marinade to use as a dressing.
- Heat about one teaspoon of oil in a grill pan or skillet over medium-high heat and grill chicken fillets on each side until golden, crispy and cooked through. (Grill in batches to prevent excess water being released.) Once chicken is cooked, set aside and allow to rest.
- Wipe pan over with paper towel; drizzle with another teaspoon of oil and grill/fry capsicum/pepper strips until cooked to your liking.
- Slice chicken into strips and prepare salad with leaves, avocado slices, capsicum/pepper slice and sliced chicken. Drizzle with remaining marinade/dressing and serve with (optional) extra coriander leaves and sour cream.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup Kraft Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing, divided
- 5 ounces baby greens salad mix
- 4 ounces goat cheese crumbles
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachios
- Pour 1/4 cup dressing over the chicken, turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Prep grill for indirect heat and heat grill to 350 degrees. Cook chicken 7 – 8 minutes per side or until meat thermometer inserted registers 165 degrees. Remove and allow to rest 5 minutes before slicing.
- While the chicken is resting place baby greens, goat cheese, pistachios and sliced strawberries in a large bowl. Pour remaining 1/4 cup of dressing over the salad. Toss to coat.
- Place sliced chicken on top of salad and serve.