World of Beer is back with another Drink It Internship that will give you the opportunity to make $12,000 traveling the US and drinking beer. If you’ve never visited a World of Beer location, the selection of craft beers, food, and the staff’s expansive knowledge show why the name works. It really is a world of beer. And what better company to fund three interns travel and beer experiences than the company that’s all about sharing the global story behind the beer? Hit up the Drink It Intern section of the World of Beer site below to submit your entry, and then cross your fingers you get chosen to explore, share, photograph, blog and try new things while still getting paid $12,000 for something that shouldn’t be considered work. Applications are due by March 26th, so you have around three weeks to create your magnum opus and get it to World of Beer.
With summer on the horizon, World of Beer is celebrating the season in the perfect way — with awesome beer and craveable summer food favorites. For the first time, WOB is introducing a summertime menu that offers elevated twists and enhanced flavors on time-honored American dishes for the season, that were created to pair perfectly with seasonal craft beers. Guests can anticipate a menu that encompasses classics they look forward to enjoying every year, that will surely make them nostalgic for the patio.
[vimeo id=”166972970″ width=”600″ height=”350″]
The new menu also highlights a summer partnership with Oskar Blues. The collaboration between Oskar Blues and WOB will give guests a taste of the brewery’s innovative beer and food offerings in WOB taverns nationwide including:
- Oskar Blues Peel and Eat Shrimp — In a collaboration between WOB’s chef Mark Adair and Oskar Blues chef Jason Rogers, these shrimp are steamed in Oskar Blues American Summer Hoppy Wit broth and served with grilled garlic toast.
- Oskar Blues American Summer Hoppy Wit – Limited release beer — A spiced Belgian Wit that is hopped with Citra, Amarillo and Simcoe multiple times in the fermenter. Spicy and citrusy with fruit flavors from the yeast and hops alike, with a tart twist at the finish.
On May 21, at the end of American Craft Beer Week, WOB taverns nationwide will host the Oskar Blues Revue, a day to celebrate summer with beer, food and music.
“When developing the World of Beer seasonal menu, I drew upon my own childhood memories to romance and combine classic summer favorites into unique dishes for our guests,” said World of Beer’s Executive Chef Mark Adair. “One of my favorite parts of this seasonal menu design was collaborating with Oskar Blues’ Chef Jason Rogers and their head brewer; as a longtime fan of their beers, I knew their brewing style and focus on key flavors would help enhance our peel and eat shrimp dish in a way only they could.”
World of Beer’s limited-time offerings, available May 16 through July 10, celebrate summer favorites and include:
- Summer Corn Hush Puppies — Served with warm bacon onion jam, jalapenos and Sriracha lime aioli. Pairs best with a Pale Lager.
- Pimento Cheese Stuffed Cherry Peppers — Spicy pickled cherry peppers stuffed with World of Beer’s creamy house-made pimento cheese. Pairs best with a Kölsch.
- Beer-Brined Crispy Chicken Sliders — Beer-brined chicken breast, fried crisp, Southern style, with dill pickles and WOB’s local IPA sauce, served on two toasted brioche buns. Pairs best with a Pilsner.
- Mac-N-Cheese Dog — Grilled all-beef hot dog smothered with World of Beer’s own pepper jack mac-n-cheese, and topped with crispy applewood smoked bacon bits in a buttery King’s Hawaiian® split-top bun. Pairs best with a Pale Ale.
- Colorado Chili-Cheese Dog — Grilled all-beef hot dog covered in World of Beer’s hearty Colorado chili, beer cheese sauce and Applewood smoked bacon bits and topped with fresh onions in a buttery King’s Hawaiian® split-top bun. Pairs best with a Dark Lager.
World of Beer is also offering seasonal sangrias including:
- White Peach Sangria — Traditional sangria gets a twist when a bright Moscato meets WOB’s house-made Peach-Lambic syrup and a slice of peach.
- Red Raspberry Sangria — World of Beer’s take on the Red Sangria features house-made Framboise-Lambic syrup, a splash of ginger beer and an orange slice.
Seasonal menu offerings will vary tavern to tavern so be sure to check with your neighborhood WOB on its summer menu items.